Central Colorado Cattlemen’s Scholarship
Purpose: To give financial assistance to a high school senior or current college student who has the desire to obtain a certification or degree that will service the business of ranching, raising or feeding of cattle. Awards can be made to any applicant with priority to applications received within the jurisdiction of our membership.
Basis of Selection: applicants demonstration of current and future needs of servicing the cattle industry by either ranching, raising cattle, feeding of cattle or any other industry supporting the cattle industry.
Recipient will be selected on the basis of:
- Enrollment in secondary education
- Students must provide evidence of enrollment in secondary education.
- Scholarship money will be sent directly to the college to be credited to the students’ account.
- Applications must be received by the Central Colorado Cattlemen’s Association Scholarship committee no later than April 10, 2023
- All applications will be reviewed by the Central Colorado Cattlemen’s Association Scholarship Committee and organization.
- Amount of money and number of scholarships awarded in a given year will be determined by the Scholarship Fund’s resources at the time.
Instructions for submittal:
- Prepare a resume and cover letter to identify your involvement in activities supporting the cattle industry. Be sure to include the secondary school you are enrolled in the cover letter.
- Prepare an essay that answers “How will your education benefit agriculture and/or the livestock industry?”. Essays should be longer than 500 words but no longer than 2 pages, single-spaced, times new roman 12 point font with 1 inch margins.
- Email completed packages that include cover letters, resumes and essays to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 16, 2023. Be sure your full name is on all pages and contact information is included in the cover letter.